Search This Blog

Monday, March 26, 2012

Lopes de Sequeira.... hihihi

T.H.E R.A.M.B.L.I.N.G.S

Just now, when sending my son and Hafiz to school, I had said to myself that I am NOT going to was my car today as I have quite a long list-to-do in mind. But when I reached home, I just parked the car near the tap, took a bucket, filled it with the car shampoo and water and the next thing I know, I was busy washing my car! But this time, I just washed ONE car... Why? Because the last time I washed both cars, it started raining heavily just an hour after I finished washing..... hahahahahaha......

Update : It rained after 6 hours I finished washing 1 car... hihihi... is there anything between me washing cars and raining? :D

T.H.E R.E.C.I.P.E


My sister's friend mentioned about kuih lopes a few weeks ago and that made me craved for some as well. I've tried making lopes way back in Malawi before, using Kak Liza's recipe and it was yummy. So for this time, I thought of trying another recipe and decided to try out Tulip77's recipe posted at Myresipi dot com. I was not disappointed. The lopes was nice. Thank you Tulip77 for sharing this recipe with us.


KUIH LOPES
Posted by MamaFaMi
Source : Tulip77


Ingredients :

2 cups glutinous rice
2 cups thin coconut milk
1/2 cup screwpine leaves juice
1 teaspoon lime water (air kapur)
1/2 teaspoon salt
a few drops of green food coloring
freshly grated coconut mixed with a bit of salt and steam for 5 minutes

Palm Sugar Syrup :

3 pieces palm sugar
5 tablespoons sugar
3 cups water

Method :

1. Wash the rice and rinse. Soak the rice with water, green food coloring and lime water for 3 hours.
2. Blend some screwpine leaves with 1/2 cup water and put to a strainer to get the juice. I didn't do this but instead, I just mix some pandan essence and 1/2 cup of water.
3. After 3 hours, put the soaked rice through the strainer. Pour the rice into a tray together with the pandan juice. Steam for 20 minutes.
4. Remove the tray from the steamer, add in coconut milk and steam for another 30 minutes.


5. I had used the egg ring and the base of my measuring cup to shape the lopes. Place a piece of plastic under the egg ring. Spoon enough rice into the ring. Cover with plastic and press using the botton of the measuring cup or you can use the bottle cover, whichever convenient.
6. Remove from the ring and coat the shaped rice with freshly grated coconut.
7. Place the lopes on a plate and top with Palm Sugar Syrup. Enjoy!

Method for Palm Sugar Syrup:

Combine palm sugar, sugar and water in a pot and boil over moderate heat until sugar dissolves. Strain.



Have a nice day!

12 comments:

  1. sy yg tak lepas2 lagi buat kuih lopes ni mama... dah paplo lebih dah umur... hahaha.. may be bukan feberet kuih kot.. tp kalau org hulur.. sy jamah la jugak.. hehe..

    ReplyDelete
  2. wah, best ni, dulu selalu tolong mak buat, gulung dalam daun pisang then potong dengan benang sekeping sekeping...

    ReplyDelete
  3. suka sgt2 kuih lopes....anak2 mak teh kalu mak teh kirim jenniper lopeh...ha diaorg tau la itu kuih lopes...

    ReplyDelete
  4. tibe2 rasa nak puasa jek.. hehehe.. sedap tu ma!

    ReplyDelete
  5. bkn kuih feberet, tp kalau disuakan ai layan ajer...:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Salam Mama

    agaknya kita ni ada sumpahan cuci kereta..setiap kali cuci mesti hujan..hehe..kalo hantar car wash lagi la bingai..nowadays easily 10 bucks to cuci kete..abeh kalo dah bayar jap lagi ujan, tak ker sedih kita..

    niways, ai pun dah lama tak melopez..ai like easy peasy lopez yg tak yah balut2 daun..senang nak buat, cepat la dimakan :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mama, i love kuih lopes but i never make before
    thks for the recipe, will give this a try :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Salam mama...lama lah tak baca celoteh mama...miss you la. Akak pun selalu kena situasi camnie bila keluar dari mesin *car wash* bayar dan hujan pun turun.Alahai sabar jer lah.
    Akak like cara mama buat kuih lopez tak pernah terfikir masukan dia dalam egg ring sebelum nie kita kukus dgn duan pisang di ikat hujung. Ummm cara nie lebih praktikal la ...akak pun nak cuba cara nie. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Assalamualaikum Mama

    Nak sikit kuih lopes tu...Masa kat Segamat selalu beli kat pasar malam...tapi kat BP ni tak jumpa pulak pasar malam....hahahaha

    ReplyDelete
  10. anak2 suka kuih lopes ni.lama tak buat.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ok. THis look yummy. Gotta learn cooking before the wedding. Anyway hai, this is my first visit here. Gota come here frequent

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to drop a comment or two... much appreciated... thank you!