Search This Blog

Friday, February 24, 2012

Bebe Chiffon (Amy Beh)

T.H.E R.A.M.B.L.I.N.G.S

TRAFFIC JAM! Gosh, who likes to be trapped in one? If given a choice, I bet, nobody in a good state of mind will ever want to be in one.

But just now I took the wrong way at the wrong time. Hmm it seems that my instinct is not with me today! I was on my way to drop the three boys to the Masjid for the Friday prayers. They have more than three choices of Masjid to go to, but my son wanted to go to the one that Saerah sends them every Friday. Since she was busy today, I had offered to drop the boys. Little that I know, I'll be stuck in the traffic jam. Normally the road is clear, and Saerah was surprised when I told her of our ordeal.

Luckily, now that I am more familiar with the roads, I managed to detour via the highway to get to another Masjid and the boys managed to perform their Jumaa prayers. Alhamdulillah.

Moral of the story : When Mr Hubby is driving and you're sitting at the passenger's seat, pay attention to the road and not toying with the phone... hahaha.... macam tak masuk je dalam cerita kat atas ek? Ada mama kesah? Ahaha....

T.H.E R.E.C.I.P.E

Saw this sweet looking baby chiffons at Kak Rus's Fotopages and decided to give it a try. Thanks Kak Rus and Amy Beh for sharing the recipe with us.


BEBE CHIFFON
Posted by MamaFaMi
Source : Kitchen Secrets - Amy Beh via Kak Rus


Ingredients A :

3 large eggs
135g caster sugar
1 tablespoon ovalette (cake emulsifier)
1/2 teaspoon vanilla essence
180g superfine flour*
1/2 teaspoon double action baking powder* (sift together)
150 ml evaporated milk
food coloring of your choice (I used pink and purple)

Ingredients B : mix well

1 cup freshly grated coconut (white)
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon cornflour/maziena


Method :

1. Prepare the steamer. Grease the mini chiffon mould with a bit of cooking oil. Press B onto the base of the mould.
2. Using a mixer, beat eggs, sugar, vanilla essence and ovalette till light.
3. Add the sifted dry ingredients, a bit a at time and beat continuously.
4. Pour in the evaporated milk. Continue beating.
5. Divide the mixture into three bowls and add the coloring. Stir to mix.
6. Pipe the mixture into the mould till the top.
7. Steam for about 15 minutes.
8. When done, remove from the mould and ready to serve.


Have a nice day!

7 comments:

  1. Salam Mama

    hehe..Ma..kita senyum baca yr ramblings pasal when the hubs is driving we shd pay attention & not meddle with our ohones..hahaha..u know I laugh sebab it;s the same with me..cuma I lagilah teruk Ma..even sometimes when i did look out for the road signs & all, still tak pass2 & sure can sesat..apa lagi kalo nak carik alternative routes..hehe..

    This bebe chiffon tak sama eh ngan that putri ayu? or is it just a diff name? I'm curious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Salam Mama, can I call you mama?.Hehehe...

    This is the thing that i hate the most...got trapped in traffic!.

    Wow..the chiffon sgtlah tempting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow...Mama......lagi bebe nampaknya chiffon Mama.
    Kak rus nak cuba Kek Batik Arora yang kat bawah tu...nampak ngancam sangat.TQ Mama

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi MamaFami, how you doin'? I sure love these cute bebe chiffons. Looks too good to eat too, and really nice colours.

    My wife and I are one of the few people who do not own h/phones, no reason to. And where I am, we see everyday fender benders, people chatting, sms, texting and slamming into the front cat when lights change.
    As well what with our present icy rods, chari pasal!
    You have a nice day, keep a song in your heart.
    Lee.

    ReplyDelete
  5. salam Mama,

    cantiknya Bebe Chiffon nih...kaler sangat2 tempting....Ina panggil kuih ni Putri Ayu...ke diff. kuih yek?

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to drop a comment or two... much appreciated... thank you!