Since morning, I just don't feel like doing anything today. But ended up... ironing, cooking, laundry, sweeping and a few more 'ing's. Hahaha... Only till now, managed not to be sleeping though the weather outside is like saying....sleep mama...sleeeppppp mamaaaaa.... huhuhuhu.. don't really know how long I can hold on.....HELPPPPPPPPPP!!!!!!
I was flipping through my thick print outs and laid my eyes on this recipe, given to me by Kak Pah sometimes back, via email and decided to give it a try. Thank you Kak Pah for the delicious recipe. So sorry if I didn't do justice to your recipe. I had forgotten to grease the mould. InsyaAllah will try again later.. perhaps with some modifications here and there... wink wink!
STRAWBERRY SERI AYU
Posted by MamaFaMi
Adapted from : Kak Pah's recipe
2 eggs - separate the egg whites and the yolks
145g caster sugar
1 teaspoon ovallette
120 g superfine flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
125ml strawberry flavoured fresh milk
a bit of strawberry paste
1/2 teaspoon strawberry essence
a few drops of pink food coloring
freshly grated coconut (just the white meat)
salt to taste
3/4 teaspoon tapioca flour (I used cornflour)
1. Beat egg white till bubbly. Add in sugar and beat till stiff.
2. In another bowl, add egg yolks, ovallette, flour, baking powder, strawberry milk, strawberry paste, strawberry essence and pink food coloring. Beat on high speed till thick.
3. Fold in the egg white mixture till well combined.
4. Grease the mould with a bit of cooking oil.
5. Mix the grated coconut with salt and cornflour. Press onto the mould. Steam for about 5 minutes.
6. Pour the mixture onto the steamed coconut.
7. Steam for another 7 minutes. Ready to serve.
Have a nice day!